The Pompey Breaker was located in Jessup PA, along the Erie Railroad. The breaker was built and put into production in 1932 and processed coal from the Sterrick Creek mines, mines in Archbald as well a slope located on the property. Underground workings at the site ceased operations in 1946. At this point mine run coal was processed at the breaker by incoming rail cars and trucks from near by stripping operations. In 1968 the breaker shut down and the Culm piles and banks at the site were processed at the near by Waddell Breaker. The breaker burned down in March of 1970.
Photos from the breaker fire in 1970.